ACTION ALERT: Take Action in Honor of the International Day in Support of Victims of Torture
Posted on June 26, 2012
From Amnesty International:
Today, June 26, is international day in support of victims of torture.
Please join the ACLU, Amnesty, CAIR, NRCAT, September 11 Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, TASSC, Witness Against Torture and over 30 other groups in taking action against torture, Guantanamo, indefinite detention and the NDAA:
1) Read and share this blog by Tom Parker with Amnesty’s new video “Hooded” and our new map of torture around the world:
2) Join a local coalition Vigil, including in Atlanta, Chicago, NYC and San Francisco: http://bit.ly/lgwpSI
>>New York City Vigil: Today, June 26 from 630PM – 8PM outside the “Brooklyn Bridge/NY City Hall” Subway stop in lower Manhattan on the 4,5,6, J, M lines
3) Join Today’s coalition Twitter Vigil: http://bit.ly/Lugmej @No_More_Torture #June26
4) Sign up to lead or join a lobby delegation to your members of Congress:
>>Lead a delegation: http://www.amnestyusa.org/lobby/leader_new.php
>>Join a delegation: http://www.amnestyusa.org/lobby/list_join.php
5) Take and share these web actions:
>>Apology for torture survivor Maher Arar www.amnestyusa.org/arar
>>Charge or release of Guantanamo detainee Shaker Aamer www.amnestyusa.org/aamer
>>Release of the Senate report on CIA torture www.amnestyusa.org/ciatorture
>>Repeal of Sections 1021 and 1022 of the NDAA to help end indefinite detention www.amnestyusa.org/ndaa
6) Go to www.facebook.com/SWHRCampaign to check out photos and videos from June events – and post your own.
Thank you for being a part of the movement against torture!
Director, Security with Human Rights Campaign
Amnesty International USA
5 Penn Plaza, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10001