CCDBR Needs Your Help!
Posted on August 7, 2012
The Chicago Committee to Defend the Bill of Rights (CCDBR) has been sounding the alarm and defending freedom for over 50 years, when few others would.
Today, we are building our capabilities in order to operate as a much needed clearinghouse for information and training regarding open government and infringements upon our rights. To do so, we need donations that will help cover costs of the equipment needed to create and maintain several new initiatives including:
- Recording and editing a weekly online podcast/radio show dedicated to news pertaining to the Bill of Rights
- Recording and editing publicly available videos for training, documenting new issues, and conducting interviews with activists
- Creating newsletters, flyers, and other media
- Preserving and sharing over 50 years of rare documents
- Developing mobile tools (iOS and Android) to assist citizens in protecting their rights and staying informed
In providing free access to this wide array of information, together we will have the ability to sound the alarm and defend freedom for many years to come.
What We Need
We are dedicated to ensuring the highest return on donations. We will be purchasing factory refurbished items and utilizing open-source programs wherever possible. Here is where the money will be going (shipping costs not included):
- Refurbished Mac Mini – ($520)
- Computer Monitor – ($225)
- Canon T2i – ($600)
- Azden SMX-10 Stereo Condenser Microphone – ($85)
- Blue Yeti Microphone – ($125)
- Refurbished Epson Workforce GT 208 – ($120)
- Various computer programs and accessories such as:
- Image editing software
- Video editing software
Any additional funds will go towards development of our mobile applications for iOS and Android!
If our goal is not met, our priorities are towards items that will assist with producing our radio show and videos.
Help us meet our goal by donating TODAY.