Center for Constitutional Rights files class action suit challenging solitary confinement
Posted on June 4, 2012
From Center for Constitutional Rights:
Friends, CCR has filed a federal class action suit challenging prolonged solitary confinement and deprivation of due process at Pelican Bay Prison in California. Here are some resources you can use to learn more about this critical issue and educate others. Share widely!
1) CCR fact-sheet on the use of solitary confinement in US prisons: https://ccrjustice.org/sites/default/files/assets/files/CCR-Factsheet-Solitary-Confinement.pdf
2) Synopsis and description of our constitutional challenge to solitary confinement: http://ccrjustice.org/
3) Oped by Gabriel Reyes, one of our plaintiffs in this case:http://bit.ly/KZr6Mp
4) Actions you can take: https://ccrjustice.org/home/get-involved/tools-resources/fact-sheets-and-faqs/torture-use-solitary-confinement-us-prisons
5) Do you live in San Francisco? Join us for a critical discussion on solitary confinement in the US criminal justice system:http://bit.ly/KDR114 If you have friends in SF let them know!