TAMMS VOTE TOMORROW — Contact these legislators!
Posted on April 30, 2012
Closing this notorious prison will improve our national and international reputation. Tamms has always been a bad investment. Treatment and rehabilitation work. Tamms doesn’t.
For years, Tamms reform advocates have worked for improvements in conditions, yet the 10-Point Plan promised by the Department of Corrections in 2009 never materialized. True reform is too expensive. This is a wasteful and destructive prison, and we agree with Governor Quinn that the only choice now is to shut it down.
1. Senator Michael Frerichs 45 E. University Ave., Ste. 206 Champaign, IL 61820 217-355-5252 mike@
2. Senator Matt Murphy Palatine Centre Atrium Offices 17 E. Northwest Hwy., Ste. 4 Palatine, IL 60067 847-776-1490 senatormattmurphy
3. Senator Suzi Schmidt 37908 N. Fairfield Rd. Lake Villa, IL 60046 224-372-7465 statesenatorschmi
4. Senator Dave Syverson 200 S. Wyman St., Ste. 302 Rockford, IL 61101 815-987-7555 info@
5. Representative Patti Bellock (Co-Chair) 1 S. Cass Ave., Ste. 205 Westmont, IL 60559 630-852-8633